Gen.Q around costs of advisors.

Banjaxed

Hi could anyone enlighten me as to how much one should expect to pay for an advisor - ie someone who handles correspondence and deals with bank on your behalf.
I know this is a how long is a piece of string question maybe.
But if anyone has used such services and wouldn't mind sharing their experience I would appreciate it. (This Advisor is an accountant and was recommended as he has successfully managed arrangements for others before) and we have just approached him but is being very vague about costs which worries me !!

Is he regulated by the Central Bank? If he is he has to disclose his fees on his website and have them displayed in his office. If he isnt you should make sure that he can legally provide debt management services and that he is insured to provide it.

You have been very vague in saying what exactly it is you want. If you were just as vague with the accountant, how can he tell you how much it will cost? You are paying for someone's time and expertise, if he can't estimate the time it will take, he can't quote.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Hi could anyone enlighten me as to how much one should expect to pay for an advisor - ie someone who handles correspondence and deals with bank on your behalf

Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation will charge you nothing, nor will MABS and they are both well used to dealing with banks on behalf of debtors.

SB quite right !!! I'm in the depths of despair and yeah I guess I'm not making myself clear to anyone these days including myself !!

Back