gasket replacement and scrapping price?

positivenote

Just been told that my head gasket had blown and that it needed scraping (?) anyone any rough idea how much this is gonna set me back?

Re: gasket replacement and scraping price?

I had this done on an '02 Freelander by a back street mechanic for €800 - main dealer price was €1,500 to €2,000 - he did a great job and engine running better than ever

by the way its cylinder head skimming not scrapping,what type of car is it as some heads need pressure testing too as some models are more well known for over heating and well woth having done

its an ibiza 98 1lt. have had serious probs with it over the past few months, although i do drive it over a hundred miles a day... not too sure it was made for this kind of driving, hence im looking to get it fixed up and get myself a diesel... pref a bmw 320d ;)

surely ud be as well off cutting your losses. cant be worth much more than a grand anyway is it?

a grand !!!!!! how dare you... :) my little beauty is at least worth 2 and a half or 3.. only 60k on the clock...

hate to say it but shes not worth that kinda bread specially a sick one

im sure its worth more to you, but in reality you'd never get near that kinda money selling it. im in the same boat at the moment, trying to sell our 2nd car which ive had for 5 years. ive had to learn to stop getting offended when what im offered doesnt come up to what i expect.

Hi Pteam.

My head gasket has failed for the second time on my banger BMW.
Where did you get it for €850?

what model bmw do you have ?have you had a headgasket test done on it? 850 would be average for a 3 series

Back