Gas boiler running constantly

Neil_Ireland

Hi all,

I've noticed my gas boiler seems to be running constantly even when the heating is off. It sounds like a pump running without the burner firing.

Seems like a waste of electricity to have this on all the time, is there any reason I can't just turn the poiler off?
It's only a few months old btw.

Thanks.

Hi Neil,

sounds like the boiler and/or the programmer (time clock) aren't wired correctly. Get the installer back asap.

Hi Neil,

sounds like the boiler and/or the programmer (time clock) aren't wired correctly. Get the installer back asap.

It's only happened in the last couple of weeks. The boiler was silent during the summer.
I did some looking on-line and found out some boilers have a safety circuit where the pump runs constantly below 6.5 degrees.
I can see the point if the temp is below 0 degrees but there is little chance of freezing this weather.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Neil.

Normally on boilers they have frost protection on them and in this case as mentioned above they come on whenever the temp drops to a certain limit.

Maybe the problem might be that the Outside Air Temperature on the boiler is faulty

Back