Garth Brooks refund question.

advice pls

No where is safe from the discussion though I promise this is money related!

I will be refunded to my credit card. As I pay this off in full when I use it this means there will be credit on it. Is the cash withdrawal fee charged when the account is in credit?

Generally no, but I have seen some banks say they do charge. It it depends on the provider. You need to check terms and conditions

Just out of interest does anyone know how they know your credit card number to refund the transaction, do ticket master save all the credit card details and if so what if their system was hacked.

Generally no, but I have seen some banks say they do charge. It it depends on the provider. You need to check terms and conditions

You do need to check because there was a practice to avoid bank charges that folk kept the CC in credit and used it in effect like a laser/debit card. This led to banks charging for all cash withdrawals from CC

Just out of interest does anyone know how they know your credit card number to refund the transaction, do ticket master save all the credit card details and if so what if their system was hacked.

They store them if you tell them to do so, for quick re-use later. For refunds, they probably use a credit card payments provider like Realex and reverse the transaction based on a transaction ID. In this case, it's Realex that have the (encrypted) card number stored as part of the original transaction and use that in order to process the refund.

Back