Gardai go into Anglo Irish

Presuming that not everybody in the bank was involved in wrong-doing, then there should be plenty of people willing and able to assist in the investigation(s).

Particularly those who still work there who retain a moral and ethical approach.

The IT department should be especially helpful.

Presuming that not everybody in the bank was involved in wrong-doing, then there should be plenty of people willing and able to assist in the investigation(s).

Particularly those who still work there who retain a moral and ethical approach.

Very good point.

Even if an institution of that size is run in an unethical manner, chances are that most of the staff had little or no involvement in the bad practices. Some of them might be more outraged than the average member of the public.

I hope the real culprits are brought to justice and that this raid is not just a publicity stunt.

Also, I worry that some poor soul in the IT department is made into a scapegoat and dragged through the dirt.

i very much so doubt that the "smaller fish" will be dragged through the dirt - it seems all the problems began and will end at the top.

As for the "raid"...do you really believe armed gardai stormed into the offices as suggested? i think the papers are having a field day with this. Surely everyone knew this was happening?

Last edited:
Drove past Anglo this morning and the TV3 camera tripod was loaded and the lads drinking hot drinks awaiting the action. Who informs these people? Yesterday, at a slightly earlier time, a member of the Gardai was putting out cones. It really is a little too late. The stable door was open for far too long and the horses (presuming that the going was good) could well be in Baden Baden by now. Or even Liechtenstein!

i very much so doubt that the "smaller fish" will be dragged through the dirt - it seems all the problems began and will end at the top.

As for the "raid"...do you really believe armed gardai stormed into the offices as suggested? i think the papers are having a field day with this. Surely everyone knew this was happening?

Lets hope no one is made a scapegoat. I see it as a raid, that's what it was. I never suggested that they were armed.

they`re all rotten to the core,if you make an erse of investing your customers dosh you get huge bonuses

Back