Gardai go into Anglo Irish

hizzy

Hi All

Hope I'm posting this in the right place?

Gardaí have begun a number of searches at the offices of Anglo-Irish in Dublin.
The Garda Commissioner assigned a number of officers from the Bureau of Fraud Investigation to assist other gardaí who are working with the Director of Corporate Enforcement.
Eight gardaí already work with the Director

Regards

Hizzy

Folks

This is a welcome development.

I do not want to have to close yet another thread. I have already deleted two posts which were either defamatory or off-topic.

Brendan

That IS good news. Isn't it about time though? It's very difficult for the 'ordinary man in the street' to understand why this has taken so long. Good luck to them.

Do the Fraud Squad normally assist the ODCE or is there something even more sinister going on than the €300m/S Fitz Loans/interbank deposits dressed as customer deposits?

(I'm not saying that any of the above are trivial, but 'fraud' suggests something else, no?)

Yes but what will they find and who will be next.
This could all get very ugly.

Yes, but is needs to be done, to show the outside modern world that we are serious in recreating an exemplary banking network, not one that is corrupt and rotten to the core.

I was just thinking the same myself Mercman. Hopefully they can root out the "rotten apples", assuming there are any and this could in turn show the outside world we are not going to allow banks get away with any wrong dealings in future. Maybe this will somewhat restore investor confidence?

As of Sunday lunch, the bauld Seanie was seen dining out in Puerto Banus. Not a care in the world.
I hope he handed back his Anglo credit card. Dont see why we should pay for his lunch (unless of course its in the Joy).

About time to,i hope they get to the bottom of it all

I think what has already gone on is cause enough for an investigation to go on. Think it is being driven by acting head of the regulator- radio reported at the weekend that they had met or made a complaint to the fraud squad

Considering that the government owns Anglo, why the need for subcontracting the gardai to do this. I mean, the gardai will bill them for it, won't they? So, as far as "cutting the government spend", it seems we need a new definition.

The only definition the Irish Public want is 'Book em Danno'.

Does any one know if the FR & the Stock Exchange can rely on the fidnings/evidence from this investigation? Questions regarding share manipulation also need to be answered.
I am delighted the accountants are looking at the behaviour of their members in this sorry debacle. I hope the Law Society will thoroughly investigate the actions of its members also.

what's the betting that some items may have met the shredder by now.

All banking institutions would have to retain data records, off-site data back ups etc for a minimum period of time (7 years, I think, will be corrected on that point). Shred all the paper you want, it would all be stored.... in a normal bank....!

All banking institutions would have to retain data records, off-site data back ups etc for a minimum period of time (7 years, I think, will be corrected on that point). Shred all the paper you want, it would all be stored.... in a normal bank....!

Depending on the circumstances, then 3 to 7 years tends to be the norm

However as a result of the Mahon and DIRT tribunals, an embargo was put on the destruction of many banking records so they should have a lot of things available .

In my opinion the whole operation is just for show. If (and I am not saying there is anything to hide) it would be long since gone.

Depending on the circumstances, then 3 to 7 years tends to be the norm

I do know that certain offshore Banks have a policy of holding papers for 15 years. As well as that the Irish Banks have a policy of holding papers for 10 years.

Back