Garda Gatso Van

wjc

Hi
Nearly certain I was photographed by Garda Gatso Van on the Naas road yesterday. Definitely saw flash. I was under speed limit at time. Is it still possible to get flashed and be under?

Last edited:
Definitely a flash like a camera flash. Knew it was a gatso van by the way it was parked.

One of the new Transits? Air vent on the roof, black rear windows, flash unit just about visible in the left window. They're on the Naas road at least once a week. If you are sure you were under the limit, then it more than likely picked up someone travelling in another lane.

The camera in the van only looks at one lane at a time, it doesnt cover the whole road at the same time.

Perhaps it was a flash of sunlight against the window looking like a flash. If you were under, you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah I'm sure about it. My brother has sat in the van before and it was him who told me about it.

I know that Gatso van and it is always parked in the same spot on the Naas Road. It "flashed" at me as well going past a couple of weeks back. I thought I must have been over the limit, though did not think so and I was waiting for a ticket which never arrived so I obviously was within the speed limits.

Back