Garda 6 day "blitz" learners/NCT/Tyres etc.

LOL.

Lets face its, the level of enforcement in Ireland is pitiful.

As someone in the other thread said, if you didn't have plates up they wouldn't know to stop and check you. So all this will achieve is more people driving without L plates. They should have those automatic license plate scanners like they have in the UK. Check car registration, check with database is there a learner on the policy. Pull car.

I donno, I think we’d need a referendum on such a radical policy.
Seriously though, if they can’t even set up a network of speed cameras (not the Guards fault) I reckon number plate scanners would be beyond them.

I seen the one on Sunday afternoon also, a Ford Focus getting pulled up onto the back of a removal truck...
My NCT is out at the end of this month and earliest I could get it booked in for the test is mid July,if I'm stopped on July 1st all I have is a text from the NCT confirming my booking..
Bountyhunter.

Yeah that was it, car being hoisted up on the back of truck, allright. They are quite frequently further up which is is further on that new road past wyeths and before where that road merges with the Naas Road.

but just because you have L plates on the car dose not nesesarly mean you are a learner.....i sometimes drive my wifes car which has L plates.....she dose not have a full licence....i do

but just because you have L plates on the car dose not nesesarly mean you are a learner.....i sometimes drive my wifes car which has L plates.....she dose not have a full licence....i do

Absolutely, been in that position ourselves until son got his full licence a few months ago. but unless you put them on for the learner and take them off for the full licence holder there's no real solution to that. What matters is that the driving public be aware of the possibility that the driver may be a learner under instruction.

We were in Australia recently, and reading the local paper, I found out that it's actually an offense there to have L plates on the car when it's not a learner driver at the wheel. That must be a real pain when using your own car to teach family members to drive.

have had them...and they are quite good, problem i found though was that kids kept taking them off the car...at supermarkets ect.....or maybe it was adults!!!!!!!

On the road between the Port Tunnel and the East Link this morning - they were stopping cars coming from the Port Tunnel. There were about ten gardai so it was a pretty major checkpoint.
BTW there are speed checks there from time to time - something to bear in mind as you whizz out of the tunnel

The Gardai were also out at the faviourite traffic camera spot on the Stillorgan Road this morning - at the footbridge near UCD. Now that is like shooting fish in a barrell. Dual Carraigeway - speed limit too low by 10kmph in my opinion

Back