Galtymore Road, Drimnagh

Petal

Hi any views on Galtymore Road in Drimnagh? Looked at a place at the Kilmainham end and am wondering what kind of area it is?
Any comments appreciated.

It's fine. It's not a particularly bad part of Drimnagh but that's not really saying that much. Close to Luas but few amenities available. Saturday nights can be a bit rough if you're walking by yourself for example but no major problems in my experience.

hi htere

i grew up on galtymore, it's fine, got a number of shops and a local pub within 2 mins, and you also have the luas around the corner and the 122 andc 123 bus n your doorstep

If I am getting the 123 from Walkinstown to Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, where should I hop off?

Last edited:
Hi any views on Galtymore Road in Drimnagh? Looked at a place at the Kilmainham end and am wondering what kind of area it is?
Any comments appreciated.

Hi Petal
I live in Drimnagh not far from Galtymore Road, and often go for walks down Galtymore. I know the upper end of the road is really quiet and am not aware of any problems. The lower end (towards Kilmainham) is nearer the shops, and the Marble Arch pub. There are a lot of apartments near the shops and I don't really know what the area is like at night. Another thing to check out the the location of the local corporation refuse centre which is located off the canal (beside the football field) and backs onto some of the houses on galtymore road.

If I am getting the 123 from Walkinstown to Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, where should I hop off?

Hi Theresa
You need to get off the 123 at the first stop on Galtymore Road, then walk back to top of road, turn right and walk down Cooley Road to next junction with Kilworth Road, turn right and walk to the end, turn left on Davitt Road, walk to top past Blackhorse Luas stop, turn right at bridge at top of road and you are just a couple of mins walk from the industrial estate. In total about 10 -12 mins walk. Hope this helps Canny39

galtymore road is a grand spot, close to town at that end ( not as quiet as upper end past the shops but still nice). someone above mentions the flats near the shops - it is a v quiet complex never heard of any issues at davitt house. all in all a goosd place to live, great local green grocers and butchers...pub is ok, a local nothing more nothing less

Canny39 - you get off at the 2nd Bus Stop and walk down Carrow Road and right onto Kilworth Road.

My dad is from Galtymore Rd, its a huge road, the top part is really quiet its only a few minutes to a luas stop, you will have no probs there.

Folks, this post was from Jan 2006, I've been living in Drimnagh since Aug 06, not on Galtymore Road, but more or less round the corner!

Does anyone know what Keeper road is like? Viewing a house there this evening? Any other advice on decent/ not so decent roads in Drimnagh??

Sorry, am at the other end of Drimnagh, so don't really know about down there, but as someone already said, around the park is a bit dodgy.

Keeper road is a nice road, fairly ugly lookin shops which will be redeveloped if building ever gets of the ground again.

benbulbin is ok, plenty of young lads hang out by rthe chipper, lissadell up the road is bit rough...would personally prefer the other part of drimnagh (upper galty, cooley, brnadon, mangerton, dromard etc) i.e. the associated props part

Back