Futon / Sofabed recommendations

shaking

I'm thinking of converting my spare room into a study and want to put a sofa bed in there so we can still have guests. I've found alot of them are uncomfortable does anyone have a futon / sofabed they would recommend? I don't mind paying up for a good quality one

I'm looking for something similar - does anyone have any recommendations?

Only place I've seen them is Argos and they get mixed reviews based on other posts I've viewed.

We bought the "Mexico" futon in Argos for our playroom and it is ok for sleeping, comfortable enough.

We got one from The Sofa Factory, very comfortable, the mattress is separate from the rest of the bed so it can be replaced in the future. It wasn't cheap, but it works really well as a sofa and a bed. It's available in lots of different fabric colours as well.

Just looking back at their website, we got the one with the more sturdy base support.

In the end I bought a sofabed from Laura Ashley, they're not cheap full price but we got it in the sale 70% off

We got a futon a number of years ago from Living Quarters - they used to be on Sth Gt Georges St but are now on Thomas Street. We have also got a couple of matresses over the years (5 & 7 layers of cotton I think). They are pricey but well worth the investment IMHO. Some of the mattresses are suitable for permanent, not just occasional fold-up use. I used to have back pain but not any more.

[broken link removed]

No conection with the company, just a satisfied customer

Also, my sister bought a futon fold up bed from Argos - It didnt last too long.

Last edited:
I bought one recently from Square deal in Cork. It has timber frame and the mattress is demin blue and all one. Ie no cushions which i prefer because i reckon the cushions only get thrown around. It cost €450 delivered. Very happy with it. Easy to fold etc.. Haven't slept on it.

Futon Factory /. uH8 Marina Commercial Pk Centre Park Rd, Cork. (021)4319139. Futon Factory /. 68a Sth Great George's st, D, 2. (01)4782519

I 'googled' this and got this info. I have bought 3 at different times from the Futon Factory in Cork. I've called in and chosen the fabric and size and waited a week or tow for it to be made.
I know when talking to the 'man' there that they make them for various 'shops' etc, but some are 'thinner' to be 'cheaper' for the market.
Go for the 'fattest' mattress and it will have comfort for sitting and sleeping and will last...

I bought one recently in Dunnes Stores 'Home' on Georges St, Dublin and have seen the same ones in other branches. Very comfortable for sleeping and sitting on.
Edit:It was delivered the next day which I was impressed with, but I might have got lucky

Futon Factory /. uH8 Marina Commercial Pk Centre Park Rd, Cork. (021)4319139. Futon Factory /. 68a Sth Great George's st, D, 2. (01)4782519

I 'googled' this and got this info. I have bought 3 at different times from the Futon Factory in Cork. I've called in and chosen the fabric and size and waited a week or tow for it to be made.
I know when talking to the 'man' there that they make them for various 'shops' etc, but some are 'thinner' to be 'cheaper' for the market.
Go for the 'fattest' mattress and it will have comfort for sitting and sleeping and will last...

My brother got his from there and said they were great with him

Back