further part 4 tenancy question

galway_blow_in

so i have an apartment let out to a couple and there child , they were in situ when i bought the property and are good tenants for the most part , they are living in the property since july 2012 so i had to put in place a further part 4 tenancy over the summer , it is the case that during the first six months of a further part 4 tenancy , the landlord can terminate the tenancy without having to provide any reason to the tenants , after that six month period has elapsed ,you can only evict under a strict set of reasons but one of them is if you wish to sell the property , by contrast , you cannot for example evict the tenants once the first six months has expired and simply get in new tenants

my question is this

in practice , if you wanted to terminate a tenancy during or after that six month period , would the situation for tenants be any different should they decide to act belligerantly and refuse to leave , would having sought to terminate the tenancy during the first six months of the further part 4 tenancy in anyway reduce the tenants capacity to fight an eviction , my suspicion is that unless you wish to replace the tenants with new tenants , there is little difference between evicting during the first six months or afterwards

Last edited:
Back