Fully Finished Affordable Housing in Dublin

J

JCL

I went to see an apartment in Wyckham Point yesterday, and I was a bit surprised at the quality of the finish compared to those advertised on the open market.

What I saw advertised all had nice finishes on the walls, the floors were done, and they had white goods included.

The apartment we saw was all painted a dull cream colour (not a big issue), but the floors looked like theyd had some kind of covering applied, then ripped up again. There were large stains on whatever it was on the floor, and there was nothing in the apartment other than the 4 walls and the fitted kitchen cupboards. On the exterior wall (hallway) there was a large crack running from the skirting board to the ceiling.

The attraction for AH for me was that I struggle to save enough for a €15-20k deposit while paying €1000 a month in rent. If I have to spend similar on basic things like flooring, just to get it to a reasonable living standard, it seems to defeat the purpose. I obviously wasnt expecting it to be furnished, but I was surprised at how bad it was.

Does anyone know of units in Dublin that at least have a floor down?

It would be unusual for all the flooring to be included in the sale of a new build whether it is ah or a private sale. The private ones in wyckham do come with the hall, bathrooms and kitchen tiled but all other flooring has to be done by the purchaser. Most of the ah units in dlr, as far as I aware, are built to the councils specification and therefore are different from private ones ****the exeception are ah apts that were orginally private and then reassigned to ah.

there is usually no flooring if its a new house. there was none in mine just like it wouldn't if you buy a new house on the open market unless its a show house.

My house had no flooring done , only tiling done was back splashes & bath surround. Don't let the cracks-floor marks put you off initially if you think you like the properties , a decent survey will suss out the major concerns before you buy .

Back