Fuerteventura?

butterfield

Thinking of going to here in early January, anyone been here and which resort /hotel would you recommend. Also considering Marbella, which I know well, but feel weather would be better in Fuerteventura. We are couple early 50's, like quiet resort and nice restaurants. Have been to Lanzarote and Tenerife before.

Much better chance of warm weather in Fuerteventura. The island is much quieter than it's neighbours Lanzarote and Tenerife. The main resorts are Caleta de Fuste and Corralejo. Caleta is only 10 minutes from the airport (About €10 in a taxi) and has loads of restaurants and bars. Corralejo is about 40 mins from airport (€40 Taxi) and is more touristy than Caleta. I would recommend any of the Barcelo hotels in Caleta (http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/es-ES/Reservations/HotelesEnDestino?hotel=0&destino=41) Also have a look at www.fuerteventura.com which gives you loads of info and ideas. Enjoy

Try las marismas it is in Corralejo. it is lovely. Stayed there twice and have friends and colleagues who recommended it to me.
There is a lovely thai type restaurant in the shopping centre near it (turn right and right again about 4 min walk)
I cannot remember the name of the restaurant but it is in the right hand corner of the centre. It's a bit more expensive then the norm over there but cheaper than home and food is fantastic.

thanks for all the information - I am still researching where to stay, but did think that the Barcelo hotels seemed good. What I don't like is most of the hotels seems to do all inclusive packages which does not interest me. So am looking to rent apartment independently maybe away from main resorts. So if anyone has done this let me know ?

In las marismas you can get the apartment on its own. they offer all sorts of package . Usually 300 per week for a one bed.

Back