Fuel Burning Stove - Upstairs in house.

Bronco Lane

The upstairs part of my home is constantly cold. We have a pretty high atrium about 30' high that seems to be sucking all of the heat from downstairs. We also have to keep all bedroom doors closed. I was thinking of installing a solid wood burner upstairs in my home. We have a wide enough landing with a place where it could be placed. The idea would be to run the outlet pipe up through the atrium. Has anyone ever placed a solid fuel stove on a wooden floor landing?

Installing a wood burner upstairs in theory could be achieved but you would have to lay a proper hearth underneath the stove. You would also have to install the proper stove pipe and adaptor through your atrium roof. In practice hauling timber up the stairs, and hauling the ashed downstairs may not be that practical. Have you not looked at your current heating system to ensure that the rads you are using are sufficient to heat the atrium space? Perhaps you have underfloor? A good plumber would be able to give you the advice you need.

Back