fuel allowance book missing

alpha

i applied for the fuel allowance last month and was approved. i got a letter from the department telling me to collect my book from the post office last week. the problem is that the book isn't in the post office at all. the department keep insisting that the book is in the post office but it isn't. what should i do? i have rang the department numerous times yet they just keep telling me it is ready for collection. all i want is my book. who do i complain to when nobody is listening? i thought they might have arranged another book but they won't. is telling the ombudsman going a bit too far? the department keep saying "our records show that the book is in the post office". i feel stuck. they assured me that there is no delay with the book. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Just wondering if it would be worthwhile going to the post office and getting them to call dept to say it's not there?

thanks for the replies. i got that missing book cancelled and i now have my new book. thanks again.

Back