FTB Stamp duty Cut off

W

whyme

Hoping for some help/advise here,

I purchased a house for 372K and signed on the dotted line on the 27 March blissfully unaware that the FF boys would back date stamp duty to 31 march

Going off the point here but what really annoys me is that when they announced this coming up to the election they oringially said it was from the date of the announcement , why was the 31 march picked why not from the budget date as most FTB i know held off till then.

Yes this may be sour grapes but i've got nearly 12k reasons to be a bit p'd off.

Anyway i rang my solictor asked if there was anything i could do to get this back as only out a couple of days, unfortunately he said he posted it off the next day.... why did i hvae to go to a good/efficient solictor!

Just wondering is there any loop hole out there were i could have a case for getting some of that monety back as i could very easily find a good home for it

Cheers

Doubt that there is any loophole. Unless you close the deal within the specified timeframe then unfortunately you have missed out. Not sure why you don't accept your solicitor's word on this?

Back