From JSA to 3-day week

loli

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but my husband is on JSA for a while and now it looks that he found a job (fingers crossed) but it's only a 3-day week job, earning €180 per week. I don't work and we have 1 child. My question is will he still be getting some social welfare (I assume they will give him the difference between 355 and his wages?) and will we have to go through a new means test? Thanks.

Yes, his income will be assessed as means but it's not as simple as 355 less earnings. Best talk to his SW office about it and they'll advice in his particluar circumstances what effect it will have.

I would have thought that your Husband would be allowed to sign on for 3 days, as Social Welfare is based on a 6 day week. Maybe things have changed

Thanks for your replies, yes it looks like the SWO is giving him 3 days jobseekers (he only got 1 payment so far so hard to tell and the SWO couldn't give me an exact figure when I asked them)

I have an other question in relation to this - when he has a part time job now, does that mean our mortgage interest supplement will be stopped? Or will they re-asses it? We never got any letter when the mortgage interest supplement was granted informing us about how long it's for etc, but I assume we will have to ring them now because our circumstances changed?

Last edited:
Back