"Friends" who do odd things

Professional group (12 - 13 people) who were in college together, graduated, set up their own practices etc meeting up once a year to catch up etc. One guy in the group each year would break down the bill into how much each person owed to add to the pot (not itemsied but divided by the number of people present). BIG foodies, plenty of expensive wines, after dinner drinks etc. He admitted after 12 years of their annual get together that he NEVER included himself in the bill... ever.

Professional group (12 - 13 people) who were in college together, graduated, set up their own practices etc meeting up once a year to catch up etc. One guy in the group each year would break down the bill into how much each person owed to add to the pot (not itemsied but divided by the number of people present). BIG foodies, plenty of expensive wines, after dinner drinks etc. He admitted after 12 years of their annual get together that he NEVER included himself in the bill... ever.

Legend!

My mum once told me. Be careful what you put in writing, it often lives much longer than the sentiment itself.

Reminds me of Mae West's saying "Always keep a diary amd someday it might keep you!"

I had a friend who spend all time talking about his job, his family, his social life, his car etc, etc. I knew more about him than about my owm family! He had no interest in anything except his own little world. When the "friendship" lasped and I meet him again by chance one day he railed aginst me because he said when he had needed a friend I hadn't been there. When I asked him why he hadn't confided in any of his very large family he replied "sure they wouldn't be interested". Totally selfish

Friends who think you're marvellous when they have a sick child etc and they look for free advise and think nothing of calling you at inconvenient times but never think to invite you out with their real friends. Am waiting for the opportunity to say sorry, but think you should take child to doctor for safety, best spend the 60 euro for peace of mind.

Friends who think you're marvellous when they have a sick child etc and they look for free advise and think nothing of calling you at inconvenient times but never think to invite you out with their real friends. Am waiting for the opportunity to say sorry, but think you should take child to doctor for safety, best spend the 60 euro for peace of mind.

I know what you mean. Friends of mine expect me to do their accounts for nothing and give them free tax advice.

Back