Frequent flyer miles

homeowner

I have a shed load of frequent flyer miles to use with an airline and have not been able to use them due to their restrictions every time I go to book. They say they only release these types of seats 3 weeks in advance of the flight so I call up within 3 weeks and they say they are all gone. This has been happening literally for years.....I cannot seem to use these frequent flyer miles. Anyone got any suggestions for sweet-talking the booking people into letting me upgrade outside of their 3 week window? Its for our honeymoon later in the year and we'd love to be able to fly business or 1st class.

Any tips appreciated!

What airline is it? Seems a strange way to 'reward' people. I have Aer Lingus and British Airways miles and my experience is the opposite - the seats/upgrades are released well in advance and are often gone by the time I get around to booking - although I have managed to upgrade with the points lots of times. If you are such a frequent flyer, are you a silver/gold member of whatever airline this is? You might be better trying to book through the frequent flyer club rather than going in through reservations.

Try posting on the appropriate alliance board over on Flyertalk.com for real experts on reward bookings. Airline staff often read the boards and we had great help from a guy who worked with our main airline through it. A useful contact to have!

I've had a frequent flyer card for Aer Lingus for years, but then they stopped the scheme for a while, or did they? The website still asks for my number and I enter it, but I have no idea how to check if I have points or how to redeem them. Anyone know where I start?

Last edited:
Back