FreeView satellite Query - NEW AAM Member

D

davidn

In carrick on shannon and only have RTE 1, Net 2 and TG4 with a normal aerial. You should see what's on now...boring!;)

I need more channels but don't want to subscribe to anyone such as the sky option. I understand freeview could be the solution?

Local guy is advertisng for 180 euro to install and set up for 100 freeview channels not sure what type of box. Does this sound good?

Alternatively there is satellite.ie at 299 euro for install and 200+ channels
http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/BBC_Free_to_view.html
and
http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Smart_Rapido_Free_To_Air_satellite_receiver.html
at just 99 euro.

No idea what the difference is.

I'm really confused and don't know what to choose.

• Are there any negatives with freeview? could it just vanish afer a while?....if not why do so many people subscribe to sky?
  • I don't mind paying a lot up front if it means lots of good channels and no subscription. I want news channels (bloomberg, fox, cnn etc), educational and entertainment and defo NO adult channels.
I have read other posts about freeview on this site but I'm still very unsure.

i bought a free to air satellite from Lidl last year, as i didn't like giving money to Rupert Murdoch.

Cost was €80, and had to install it myself. wasn't too difficult.

BBC 1,2,3,4, CBBC, Cbeebies, ITV 1,2,3,4 Film 4, Movies for men, True movies, Zone Reality/ Horror/ Romantica, a load of shopping, news and music channels,

it's not bad, but sometimes i think, it just takes me longer to figure out that there is bugger all on.

Hey I'm In Ballinamore, Freeview is good, good selection of channels,SKY3 SKYNEWS ALL THE BBC's, CHANNEL 4, But as long as you have an BBC areial you can pick up freeview and if you don't get bbc as it is now looks like you dont have one!! But you being in Carrick signal could be poor for freeview. I'd buy a second hand digi box on ebay and Dish,theres not much to liening it up and you will have all the channels you want free to air.With sky your gona get all the channels you listed ..

Back