Free Range Cooked Ham in Dublin?

noc1

Hi

Does anyone know where you can buy free range cooked ham in the Dublin area? I've done a Google search, but not finding anything. I'm sure SOME shops must stock it.

Thanks
Noc1

i have a butcher shop and i cook my own hams , i just cook a traditional gammon ,i dont add any thing to it and i just take the bone out and cook it,when sliced it is not pretty looking ,like the fancy processed hams you see,but it is real ham cooked

I have never heard the term "free-range" applied to ham, I am more used to hearing it applied to eggs and poultry, implying that the eggs and meat are not harvested from birds kept in battery or intensive farming conditions.

Can anyone tell me what the term means when applied to ham and if its a term used generally?

I have never heard the term "free-range" applied to ham, I am more used to hearing it applied to eggs and poultry, implying that the eggs and meat are not harvested from birds kept in battery or intensive farming conditions.

Can anyone tell me what the term means when applied to ham and if its a term used generally?

THe organisation Compassion in World Farming has a definition for free range pig rearing. I assume the resultant ham would be free-range ham.

www.ciwf.ie/farminfo/farmfacts_pigs.html

a few answers on this site called www dot caherbegfreerangepork dot ie.. they sell ham

I don't know if they do free range ham, but they do lots of organic and free range and are good at sourcing stuff they don't have - Ennis Butchers in Rialto. They are quite expensive, but worth it for the quality meat and great customer service. Might be worth giving them a ring in advance, they are quite well known around Dublin and usually have a long queue (especially on Saturdays).

Truthseeker might have some info on this - she seems to be a bit of a hamophile :)

Back