Frankfield, Cork

How about the other side of Douglas, namely the South Douglas Road? I used to live there a few years ago and its brilliantly conveniant. Walk to town in 25 minutes, walk to Douglas in 20 minutes. I lived in Heatherton Park where there is (was?) recently a 3-bed for sale for €335k with Harris.

A 3 bed mid terrace in Maryborough Woods was on the paper Saturday at ....wait for it 420k.

Out of curiosity,what's the fixation with Douglas.I agree alot going for it,but traffic is a big problem,what about Blackrock,Ballinlough.I was looking at the thread re Carrigaline,I had to chuckle to myself,some people get very defensive about where they live(Carrigaline & Douglas,I didn't realise there was such a rivalry,but I agree about comments on Mt Oval area

420K for the mid terrace ? I wouldnt be surprised if it went for more.
A 3 bed semi in Foxwood guided 365K recently and made 420K in the end.

I recently viewed a 3 bed semi in Herons Wood in Carrigaline. It was very well decorated and it was extended. It was guiding €320k but it went to €375k. Most Carrigaline houses are making 10% above the guide price. There seems to be huge demand and a serious lack of supply.

Ballinlough and Blackrock are far dearer than Douglas AFAIK.
we looked and bid on one in Silverdale Ballinlough - went to €400 and needed to be gutted allmost. At least if you spend that much on a place in D's you can move in move in and its only a matter of decor taste.
I agree that there is a hilarious snobbery, it suited us to live on that side of city and we went for Donnyb'k as it suited our pockets too.

I viewed a house in Rockfield,B'rock-for my sister,asking price wasE420,she wasn't interested,but in very good condition,quiet cul de sac.I thought Douglas was more expensive than B'rock

All depends on whats on offer at the time you go looking JB?
Incidentally we went to the Eden open day (B'R) - wow the prices there would make you laugh out loud:D people with more money than sense!

Yeah Eden was horrible,however when I see the signs in Douglas & Brent Pope on the radio advertising for property in Bulgaria,it reminds me of the story about the shoe shine boy giving stock advice to Joe Kennedy( I think) weeks before the Wall St crash in '29!

Back