Frankfield, Cork

What are yer opinions on Frankfield as a location in Cork ?

Is there a specific reason for asking?
Are you moving there?

D

I would also ask your reasons for wanting our opinions? Having said that though, Frankfield seems a good spot to me.....good area and house prices are reasonable....you might have some traffic problems getting through the Kinsale roundabout though.

biggest problem with Cork City at present is that you will not get anything under €300K. If buying to live, then perhaps ok, if buying to let, it's a bit procy, give nthe rental income.

its shooting up in price, has a brand new church and school if planning on bringing up children there and again there are good and bad estates there.
Bellevue and the maples are lovely however i dpon't really like parkwest because the parking in the back estates is really bad due to folks renting. As for the area, its near Douglas has good bus services and I like it.
Some might say for a lot of change would you not move over a bit into Grange?

My motivation for buying would be for rental purposes. A 4 bed should make 1000 a month. I heard that it is easy to rent there.

Places like Parkgate are full of rented houses as far as I can see. They are nice houses though. I'd guess that a 4 bed would cost ~€410k.

Ya, 410-420 I'd say. I was thinking of Curragh Woods. The same builders as Parkgate. Admitedly I think thta Dun Vale is a better Estate.

well i know renters there and they are quickly gettting fed up of it - parking is brutal and loads of young . I would try the houses near the new Nemo club. Houses are not as well finished but renters an walk to the pub and home again (south county anyhow) and are generally happier.
i was renting there myself for a while.

Nearly every 2nd house in frankfield is rented - makes a big problem for parking. Probably better income on 3 bed than 4 bed and easier to rent.
Hope that your username isnt your ph number 'cause it strangely too fimiliar to a douglas number!!;)

car03 said:
Hope that your username isnt your ph number 'cause it strangely too fimiliar to a douglas number!!;)

That's what I thought too. I agree with the parking problems in Frankfield estates.

These are the floor plans.

[broken link removed]

What do you think of the area for 3 duplex apts & 3 bed house?

There is also management charges b/w 450 - 850 euro per year.
Is this std rate in Dublin?

Thanks

Hmmm,I'd be very dubious about Frankfield's potential.I know people who live there & they are trying to get out.Basically from atraffic point of view,they're trapped,Kinsale roundabout & then Douglas on the other side.Parking is another issue.I also think development has outstripped social/recreational facilities

Hmmm,I'd be dubious.I know people who live there & they want to get out.Parking is an issue ,as it's rentsville & they're trapped in the morning,Kinsale r'about on 1 side & grange/d'brook bottleneck struggling to get into diouglas on the other.

JohnnyBoy said:
Hmmm,I'd be dubious.I know people who live there & they want to get out.Parking is an issue ,as it's rentsville & they're trapped in the morning,Kinsale r'about on 1 side & grange/d'brook bottleneck struggling to get into diouglas on the other.

thats true especially this monrning but then Rochestown was brutal this morning too.
The houses are in my opinion too expensive to get a good rental from them, i mean a 4 bed semi d is in the region of €360 so just guessing you would have little over from the bother of renting them out.

In time there are going to be even more houses in Curragh Woods as there is a field behind it so I'm guessing the prices will stay high.
I don't know about people trying to get out. I was trying to buy there last year and the prices were shooting up there so someone wants to live there - maybe its that those wanting to get out are a little greedy wanting to get over the odds for their house??:confused:
Anyway i reckon the traffic is same as everywhere - get out 10 minutes earlier and you are grand - i travel that route every morning and evening and the roundabout is not as bad as the press it gets IMHO.

4 Bed semi's are actually achieving 420K !!
Agreed that the traffic in Rochestown can be dire too.
A friend of mine rented a 4 bed semi in Dun Vale recently for 1200 per month and had no difficulty letting it out. Heard that the 4 beds in Curragh Woods were 171K when release March '99 or 135K Irish. We live in a crazy world.

Yeah I agree with Nelly,traffic in Rochestown is possibly worse,the prices \i read about in the thread are unbelievable.I think maryboro hill(but at the beginning would be better.

we looked at Broaddale last October for €320 3 bed semi, I turned my Nelly nose up to it then because the estate looked tattered but i reckon its about the only area i could afford if i had to buy now everywhere else is to quote my da "gone beyond a joke"

what about Maryborough woods,I have a friend living there & I think he said it's aboutE360(3or 4bed town -house,I can't remember which) at the moment

Broadale looks a little grim but isnt that bad.
Regarding prices, Cork is still bargain land relative to our capital

Back