France hotel standards - complaint

ricky

Just experienced a stay in a very sub - standard hotel in France - I know standards vary but this was a joke - and they knew how to charge ! I booked through an agent online who say there are only a reservation agent and are not responsible for the hotel standards - at the hotel they didnt care if we stayed or not as we were told that they would get paid regardless from the agent.Where does the consumer stand in this case ? I was in a catch22 at the time as my credit card was debited for full amount immediately on booking ~2 weeks before we arrived - otherwise we would have walked out.

Anyone know to whom we can complain to about the standard hotel/agent? I want to also report the hotel as it is a hazardous - fire escapes were locked !!

Anyone any previous knowledge on the subject would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear it, they shouldn't be allowed away with that. You could start with the [broken link removed] and/or a few of the other organisations listed [broken link removed]...? (and copy everything to the HQ of the online agent, too). Don't know how much joy you'll get, but the kind of illegal, self-created fire hazards you mention should certainly be brought to someone's attention! :eek:

Back