Form 12 tax return

I contacted revenue yesterday on the 2010 version availability. They didn't know when the latest version would be available.
They gave me another no. for some communications place in revenue. When contacted they also don't know release date either , blaming the delay in approving the finance bill and some resourses been out in that.
. But they said they would call me back with date when available .
This excuse sounds like baloney. The format of Form 12 2010 depends on the content of the 2010 Finance Act which was completed last April/May.

The 2010 [broken link removed] is already online.

All I can advise is that if you do have to submit a Form 12, photocopy it so that if you have to do it all again, it won't be so difficult to remember how to fill it in.

(Just noticed this now)

It should go without saying that a taxpayer should never, ever file a tax return with Revenue without keeping a safe copy for future reference.

I requested a Form 12 online last week. The 2009 Form 12 arrived in the post yesterday so phoned Revenue Offices. I was told it would be fine to fill that out and just change the year throughout the form...:confused:

So thats what Ive done and just included a cover note explaining why I used the 2009 form.

By this time each year I have usually received Form 12 in the post as I make contributions to a PRSA.

It hasn't arrived this year so should I just print off the online version?

I use the online version most years. it means I get it into revenue quicker, rather than wait for one from them to arrive, and my usual refund arrives several weeks later.

Does anyone know the allowable expenses for Form 12? I did some consultancy work in 2010 but incurred mileage and parking fees. Is there a list somewhere of what can be set against the gross amount I earned?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back