Foreigner wants to send me a bank draft for my car without seeing it!

Could the OP not just lodge the bank draft wait the ten 10 days, then get the bank to confirm everything is genuine and then send on the excess??

Anyway in this instance it is obvious that all is not right, but I dont see any harm in letting the frauster go to the trouble of sending on the "funds" and then making them wait the required time for the bank to confirm it is legit or not as the case may be.
Why would anyone send on a bank draft of 7700 for something that costs 4900 ... strange!

It baffles me

Could the OP not just lodge the bank draft wait the ten 10 days, then get the bank to confirm everything is genuine and then send on the excess??

Because it's a scam! It won't clear, and the bank will probably make you pay charges for presenting a dud draft.

It baffles me

It's a scam!

The baffling thing is that people fall for it......

As for those criticising the OP for even questioning it, at least they did. No doubt some people actually fall for it - if they didn't it would soon die out.

Ah, what I was missing is that the dud draft would cost me when it bounces. I would like to 419 this but I can't think of a way to do it without it costing me.

Thanks for all the craic in the thread though.

Back