Ford Focus Problem

bertson

Hi;
My 06 1.6 TDCi Ford focus is currently in the garage.

B4 Christmas the light on the dash with the Red exclaimation Mark (!) came on, and the car lost power. I took it straight to the nearest ford garage, and they ran the diagnostics and updated the software based on the results, and that solved the problem , until last week. It did the same and again took it back to a ford garage. They cannot locate any issues, but on a road test, saw the issue themselves. They think it might be a Fuel Valve related issue, but can see nothing wrong., not they think it might be an electrical fault

Any one experienced anything similar

Any suggestions
Thanks
B

Thanks a lot:)
Not sure, they dont mention the (!), but will say as well to the garage

My (!) light has recently gone out on my 06 Focus TDCi. It's the brake warning light, which also warns of the brake fluid going below the min level (presumably you have checked that).

It also comes on when the handbrake is engaged, which (as far as I know) operates through the drum brakes on the rear wheels. I have my doubts about the handbrake on the Focus, as I had to get my first handbrake fixed as it wasn't fully engaging and the car kept rolling on steep hills; even since then it needs a good tug to fully engage.

I'm not mechanically minded and these are occurring to me as possible issues, so I'm assuming that a mechanic would check those things first off.

I have a volvo s40 1.6d with the same issue (car has same engine as focus) - i had to get the EGR value changed which improved it considerably but not fully. On further inspection, there was a hairline crack on the exhaust which I got welded and no problems since.

After two weeks with the Ford Garage
The "I.D.S Tests fault codes indicate a fuel Pressure Fault".After more test and a road test they suspected a fault in the "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor" so they removed and fitted a new Fuel rail and Sensor.
cost

Cost for Parts + Labour = 530 euros

Drove it out the gate, same problem pccured for me after 5 minutes driving.

Any advice warmly appreciated, as i fear the garage are pi**ing the wind

Thx
B

I'd agree with Bell Butts, that light you describe sounds like low brake fluid, also like enross my mate had a focus tdci for his job (sales rep) and the exhaust manifold cracked twice in it's first year covering 40-45k might be worth saying to Ford as a warranty job or at least they might replace it pro rata maybe 60/40, but then again you've forked out a fortune already, if it is the hairline crack they should have checked this first as it is common.

does the engine shut down complelty or does it stil drive with reduced power .the light you talk about is just a low brake fluid warning message,just a coincidence. what part of the counrty are you in and which dealer is it with as some are alot better than others

Thanks Lads, Im in carlow

The first couple of times, the power definetly reduced (not a total shutdown).

Yesterday, the power reduced slightly but seemed to be driving ok'ish, but was heavy when I turned her on, like she was cold etc.

sure if yer up in dublin/rathcoole and you want a second opinion on it spin by any time.
jon.

Back