Ford Focus - Fair price for an 05/06 1.6l petrol hatch ghia or zetec low mileage

gearoid

Hi,
After lots of humming and hawing I'm looking at buying a used Ford Focus.

Any ideas what the actual prices people are buying at are? I am seeing a lot of garages advertising at the same prices. In fact there's quite startling uniformity in prices.

I'm particularly interested in a 1.6l petrol Ghia hatch (28k) at 16950 euros.

Any ideas what kind of discount I should be looking at on this for cash?

In fairness, it would seem to be cheaper than a lot of other similar spec vehicles.

I hear the zetec is a firmer ride for longer trips but I'd consider a zetec too, so any general advice on buying focuses accepted.

For instance, should I consider 1.8l Tdci in preference to the 1.6?

I've road tested a 1.6 l LX hatch and loved the drive but I felt the trim was fairly poor.

I've ignored 1.4 as not powerful enough for my purposes.

Thanks for any views
Gearoid

All I can recommend is to shop around, as a cash buyer is very powerful in the current climate where dealers are having alot of trouble shifting cars off their forecourts. Don't be afraid to offer a super low price, and don't be afraid to walk away.

Go to the UK and save your money.
2008 1.8 tdci 10k miles with A/C.
9400 sterling=11790euro
to clear VRT 3165. total 14955e.
Road tax= 150e. Plus a 2.5 year warranty.Is ABS standand in ireland??
In reality I would expect more off the focus ,around 9000pounds.
If you have no trade in nearly every diesel car in the uk is substandly cheaper. These dealers are living in cukoo land. If they want to be next year they will have to accecpt big losses this year.

Hi,
After lots of humming and hawing I'm looking at buying a used Ford Focus.

Any ideas what the actual prices people are buying at are? I am seeing a lot of garages advertising at the same prices. In fact there's quite startling uniformity in prices.

I'm particularly interested in a 1.6l petrol Ghia hatch (28k) at 16950 euros.

Any ideas what kind of discount I should be looking at on this for cash?

In fairness, it would seem to be cheaper than a lot of other similar spec vehicles.

I hear the zetec is a firmer ride for longer trips but I'd consider a zetec too, so any general advice on buying focuses accepted.

For instance, should I consider 1.8l Tdci in preference to the 1.6?

I've road tested a 1.6 l LX hatch and loved the drive but I felt the trim was fairly poor.

I've ignored 1.4 as not powerful enough for my purposes.

Thanks for any views
Gearoid

Hmmm..

Ghia is nice ok, but the fake wood is yuck. Zetec is a little "sportier" with uprated seats and suspension. In many ways a better drivers car, and better value too.

There was a Zetec Connection model (Ireland only) which had some lovely extras - bluetooth, voice control, dual zone climate control, key free, 17" alloys....might be worth looking at. 2006 & 2007 iirc.

Diesels only really make financial sense for 2008 models and onwards. TDCi's are good.

Imports will be cheaper, but do carry risks. There's differing views as to their future value too.

Avoid 1.4 petrols and low spec Freedom, LX, and Style models.

Happy hunting.

Back