Ford Cmax?

TillyD

Can anyone offer me their opinions on this car. I have looked at askJohn but I'm none the wiser. One thing that I didn't realise that someone mentioned on askJohn was that the engine is Peugeot/Citroen engine??

Just looking for opinions before we buy.

Its an 08 1.6 petrol

Thank you.

iI'm the driver of an 07 Cmax and have to say I'm delighted with it. It's out second car and gets quite a lot of use. All I can say is that I've never had an ounce of trouble from the time I bought it new is 2007. Cant tell you anything about the engine.

I have an 07 1.6 petrol and my bro in law has an 08 1.8 petrol. They are a fine car. If you hear of them giving trouble it is usually the diesels (as with all modern diesel engines). The petrol engine is not a french engine. I wouldn't worry about a French diesel engine anyway.

We have had 2, a 05 2l TDCI Ultima and a 2l Titanium petrol. Only had 1 problem in the last 7 years where the fuseboard went.

Serviced regularly and problem free.

One drawback is they wear the front and rear tyres at the same rate and the insides seem to wear 1st.

One drawback is they wear the front and rear tyres at the same rate and the insides seem to wear 1st.

You should get the tracking and allignment checked. That wear pattern indicates a problem.

Leo

Done that, they are checked every 6k, something to do with the 18in wheels and the camber that they are set at due to the lowered sports suspension.

The front and rear wear is a pain though.

Cheers

Charlie

Back