Forced holiday

Galway62

My employer has just issued a work roster today-Wed 4/11/2015-for the week commencing Fri 6/11/2015 and i am listed for a days holidays on Fri 6th which I never requested...can he do this without giving me notice?

Why not ask your employer, he/she may have made a mistake in listing you for a days holidays. I know the same thing happens where I work [very seldom] but by talking to the employer it gets sorted.

There is probably more to this post, but to answer the question your employer can list you for holidays.

Why do people post here before talking to their employers?

1: So that they can have additional advice, support and information before they go in and have that conversation with their employers
2: Because many employers don't have an open door policy and consider any staff who dare to raise a query about a decision they've made as little more then shirkers and troublemakers.

1: So that they can have additional advice, support and information before they go in and have that conversation with their employers
Yes, but they come here and ask questions that only their employers could answer.
2: Because many employers don't have an open door policy and consider any staff who dare to raise a query about a decision they've made as little more then shirkers and troublemakers.
Many? Some maybe, but many? Most of these questions are not about issues or queries about decisions that their employer has made, they are about matters of fact which can often be resolved with a single sentence.

Yes, but they come here and ask questions that only their employers could answer.
Many? Some maybe, but many? Most of these questions are not about issues or queries about decisions that their employer has made, they are about matters of fact which can often be resolved with a single sentence.

you're making an assumption that an employer knows the answer in the first place. I've used information from here and elsewhere to guide my employer to the correct and proper course of action in the past.

Many may indeed be an exaggeration but there are certainly some who live back in the dark ages

In this instant, what's the point in talking to the employer, the situation is being foisted on the employee. It appears the employer is foisting annual leave on the employee, simply because the employer can. It is only natural to seek advice from contributors here. The employer is not God, you know!

you're making an assumption that an employer knows the answer in the first place.
No, I'm questioning the assumption that the employer doesn't know anything or that there isn't a good reason why they took particular actions. I'm simply asking why people don't ask their employer before they post here.

In this instant, what's the point in talking to the employer, the situation is being foisted on the employee. It appears the employer is foisting annual leave on the employee, simply because the employer can. It is only natural to seek advice from contributors here. The employer is not God, you know!
It does indeed appear that the employer of foisting annual leave on the employee. Appearances can be deceptive; they should ask in order to be certain. Then when they have that certainty they can ask for advice on how to resolve the issue.

Back