For all of you who LOVE to travel Ryanair

bazermc

O’Leary goes into a bar and asks for a pint of stout. “That will be one euro says the barman”. “Very, very cheap” says the impressed budget-fare man, before inquiring why the barman gave him no glass.“Oh a glass will cost an extra three euros” the barman informs him.O’Leary forks out the three euros, takes his drink and walks towards a seat, only to be stopped in his tracks by the barman; “Excuse me sir, but if you want to sit down you’ll have to pay two euros. However, you could have pre-booked the seat and it would have cost you only a euro”.Muttering under his breath, O’Leary pays up and heads for the seat. Again, the barman calls him back. “I’m sorry sir, but you may be too big for the seat. Can I ask you to sit in this frame first?The entrepreneur attempts to sit down but the frame is too small, and when he can’t squeeze in he complains; “nobody would fit in that little frame”.The barman answers; “Then I’m afraid you’ll have to pay an extra surcharge of four euros for your seat.” The businessman slams his drink on the counter, protesting that he wants to see the manager.“Certainly sir,” replies the barman. “You may contact him between 9 and 9.10 every Monday at this free phone number. Calls are free until they are answered and then there is a talking charge of 10 cents per second.”A furious O’Leary exclaims he will never use the bar again. The barman answers; “Certainly sir. But remember, we are the only pub in Ireland selling pints for one euro!”

But did the barman have his prices clearly displayed including the add ons/extras.
Shame on Michael as he doesn't appear to have taken his own advice and read them

4 hours later, the bar is thronged with punters, standing, drinking from the same plastic tumbler (their own), giving the barman the evil eye, saying how they hate it and reminiscing about when you could enjoy pubs. Suddenly a family enters and the bouncers lash them with truncheons - they certainly wont be back............

Carry-on baggage may be in the cross-hairs now.

[broken link removed]

In about 5 years time you'll have to travel in the Birthday suit and sit on the wing to get a cheap flight!

We'll probably grumble and growl and swear we'll never fly Ryanair again but we'll still do it with or without the bags.
I was seriously thinking of buying one of those "Ryanair carry on wheelie bags" but am now having second thoughts

Only that its such a reputable company I'd nearly consider that a publicity stunt ...........................

I think they are ignoring the psychology of it - I doubt it costs them much more to have bags brought on (extra weight could be only thing) - most people will pay €5 "more" if its all in (they are usually well cheaper than the next carrier so that way everyone pays the €5 though there might be the odd one hasnt a bag), but if the flight is seen to be cheaper until an "extra" charge for carrying on a bag then people will grumble like hell.

Not checking bags was fair enough, you could usually avoid it, this will seriously annoy people for no gain - hence I suspect its free publicity.

Back