Flymo - ran over lawn mower cable

bazermc

Hi there

Cutting the grass yesterday I somehow managed to run over and cut in two the electric cable for my flymo lawnmower. The electric cable is sealed into the plug and into the lawnmowe so not straight forward to simply bin the old cable and plug in a replacement cable.

The lawnmower is only a few years old and working fine up to now, so I dont want to simply get a new one.

Can anybody recommend someone qualified in the Dublin area that could fix this or is possibly to fix at home, if so what parts do I need. I tried the flymo website but that wasnt much help.

Cheers

Could you use something like this? Someone in Maplins, could advise you.
[broken link removed]
You'd have to make sure it was rated correctly for outside use though.

Possibly thanks AlbacoeA,

The cable has been cut clean so presume I would need to wire the cable into this connector

If you are not comfortable with that I suggest looking up a lawnmower repair centre to do it for you. Theres probably an agent for flymo somewhere.

AlbacoreA wrote:
Could you use something like this? Someone in Maplins, could advise you.
[broken link removed]
You'd have to make sure it was rated correctly for outside use though.

That would be perfectly acceptable, just make sure that you wire the live side, eg, the plugtop end, into the "female" of the connector and NOT the "male" side.

Why does that make a difference?

Difference being is that if you are using the male end for the plug end you end up with an exposed life wire (because you have two male plugs on one cable). Always make sure that any cable has one male (plug) and one female (socket) end.

Back