Flying to Hong Kong.

SoylentGreen

Just wondering from those who have taken the trip, which is the best airline to fly to Hong Kong with from Dublin?
Looking at the route, the price and comfort.
We will probably be flying cattle class.

The two Middle Eastern airlines flying from Dublin would be a good start, Emirates and Etihad. I like that their journey is split into 2 similarly sized flight times (sort of anyway).
Cathay are excellent too (through LHR).

Only 1 option in my mind, British Airways via London on their Airbus A380 route. Try and get the economy seats on the upper deck where they are in pairs.

I've done the middle east options and thought that splitting up into 2 trips would be better but I found it wasn't, made the overall trip very long and tiring.

Hi,

We did the trip a number of years ago with KLM ... bounched in and out of Schipol, no complaints. However, if I were doing it again, I would be looking hard at the middle eastern options as Barney Magoo suggests above (nice to break the journey into two almost equal halves, rather than an hour / hour and a half before your pittstop).

I tried Finnair last month for a connection to Asia through Helsinki. Helsinki airport is efficient and growing as a hub for China, Japan, Korea and Thailand. Brand new Airbus A350 on the long haul section and non-stop. Great business class fares too.
I overnighted in Helsinki to have a look around but you may not have to depending on your connection.

Check options on skyscanner and kayak. You get a good spread of options to choose from, and you can filter for various things like take-off times etc. I'm off to Cape Town later this yr and, after due consideration, opted for Turkish (which are a great airline) thru Istanbul and returning with Emirates via Dubai. I did look at BA, but the aircraft they were using to Cape Town was 16 yrs old!

Back