Flying to Galway city from Belfast and Cork

Hillsalt

You can now fly direct from, Belfast to Galway and also from Cork to Galway with www.manx2.com

Article from Galway News website:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/13754-new-airline-service-city-cork-and-belfast

New airline service from Galway city to Cork and Belfast

THERE is now a direct flight between Galway and Cork and the Isle of Man at weekends and a commuter service to Belfast every day except Saturdays.

Manx2.com began its new Galway links this week which re-establishes services between the two islands following the collapse of Euromanx in May 2008.

The Company will operate the flights between Galway and Cork every Friday and Sunday, leaving Galway at 20.05 on Fridays and Cork at 13.15, reducing travel times between the cities from three hours to just 40 minutes.

The airline will fly to Belfast International Airport every day except Saturday, which will reduce the travelling times from at least four hours to just an hour.

Manx2.com launched connections to the Isle of Man via Belfast International Airport every Friday and Sunday, which will take two hours.

The news of this launch is the first of Manx2.com’s expansion plans into Ireland and is seen as a huge boost for business, tourism and leisure in Galway.

Fares will start from €29.95 each way including taxes and charges.
Chairman Noel Hayes said the company had great confidence in the long term future for the Irish economy.

“We are pleased to be able to improve connectivity between Galway and Cork, and in turn stimulate commerce and tourism in both these regions

Thats good news for the West and return fairs to both places are reasonable priced. I'll be availing of this.

Thats good news for the West and return fairs to both places are reasonable priced. I'll be availing of this.

Slightly off topic:
Ironically, Galway Airport is located a near the start of the new M6 motorway which connects to the M50 which means it is possible to drive from Galway Airport to Dublin Airport in 1 hour 50 minutes without breaking the speed limit. which is 120kph

To fly from Galway to Dublin, you must check in one hour before take off, fly the journey which takes around 40 minutes and then wait maybe at least another 30 minutes (if not more) to get out of the airport.

I know yeah its the business I do it regularily but its nice to have the flight option to Belfast in particular. I'm from very close to the airport in Galway so its handy to know its available.

Back