Florida in Sept

Sarah

HI all,

Need some advice.
We are thinking of going to Orlando Florida for the second last week in Sept. I have heard this can be hurricane season. Can anyone tell me what the weather is usually like at that time of the year. Also are disney land and other attractions open?
I have also been told that we will need a car (there are 5 of us going). I have never drove in the States before and have only ever drove a manual car, can anyone fill me in on what its like to drive over there both car wise and road wise and where to get the best deal to rent a car?

Thanks a mill

Sarah

Best bet is to do a search on the forum (link is on top right). There have been a lot of recent posts about US car hire and Florida

Weather will be hot and humid. Is tail end of the hurricane season so might not be too bad. Everything will be open (unless a Hurricane is about to hit). Simple to drive a automatic, much easier than manual and US roads are pretty easy to navigate.
One difference is at 4-way junctions that do not have traffic lights - everyone takes turns to go (first in, first out). Quite civilised and works well.

HI all,

I have never drove in the States before and have only ever drove a manual car, can anyone fill me in on what its like to drive over there both car wise and road wise and where to get the best deal to rent a car?

Have driven twice in Florida (2 x 2 weeks hols) and its great, car are usually big, and automatic ..no problems, very few roundabouts, if you are undure of directions get sat nav...

florida is fantastic, you will love it. driving an automatic is simple, just get sat nav, will make ur life a lot easier. weather should be ok

Hi Sarah we went at that time 3 years ago and it was fine - really humid and hot didn't get any hurricanes. They are well practiced at dealing with them anyway. Driving is easy peasy way better roads and signage than here ! you should check out the orlando forum on trip advisor brill advice from people who have been there.

Back