Florida for honeymoon

paddy26

I am thinking of going to Florida for my honeymoon in August. Does anyone have any experience of the storm season in Miami during this time of year? Also, would anyone know whether it is best to get the train drive from Orlando to Miami?

I used to work there and you dont want to go in August as its very hot and extremely humid. The only reason to go to Orlando is for Disney. Not very honeymooney though. The Florida keys are the best part of florida especially Key West and the reef off Key LArgo. The Everglades are worth a visit also. If you stick to Orlando + Miami most people you'll see will be under 15 or over 55. I would drive down but there is not very much in Miami. I alway found it a bit of a grotty city.
There can be tropical storms in August. If you want to get good weather assured its Nov to May, outside of that anything can happen I'm afraid. If you get a rain shower you just have to pull over to the side of the road and wait for it to pass.

Go to Key West!!! You'll love it! Perfect destination for honeymoon....

we honeymooned in Key Largo in August and we got great weather....

Would recommend KW over Key Largo!

Check out the forums on

Miami is a good spot to do a cruise out of........

I am thinking of going to Florida for my honeymoon in August. Does anyone have any experience of the storm season in Miami during this time of year? Also, would anyone know whether it is best to get the train drive from Orlando to Miami?
There are way better places to go on honeymoon than Florida. It's a big world, make it a trip of a lifetime.

Hi, you can take the coach from Orlando to Miami takes around the three hours with one stop.Get picked up at your hotel.

Hi, I'll bet Paddy26 is well confused now? seems like the hurricane season is all year round.

Hurricane season should be avoided in Florida....also wouldn't bother too much with Orlando for Honeymoon. Fort Lauderdale is lovely and definitely a trip to the Florida Keys.....Drive down A1A from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and then on to the Keys. If staying in Miami/Fort Lauderdale take a trip on the intercoastal and see the Everglades.

You would swear by this thread and the one above that there are hurricanes every five minutes over there. We have a place over there and in all the years I have been going over have never experienced one. What they call a hurricane over there we would call a very heavy thunderstorm. We get worse weather than them. Between July and September they get very heavy thunder storms usually in the afternoon and then 10 minutes later the sun breaks out and splits the rocks. Thats weather that we can be only jealous of, not the continous rain and on/off sun that we get.

Orlando isn't very near the sea - kind of hard to go cruising from there :)

The main cruise port is Miami - huge choice from there with all the major cruise operators.

Hey jusy book my honeymoon. 5 nights in orlando/Miami, 8 night carribean cruise and 6 nights in new york.

Hope weather is nice.

Back