Flights to Orlando Florida

DACMAN

Hi,
I'm looking for advice on the best airline to book return flights from Ireland to Orlando with. 2 Adults + 3 Kids Flying June '08.
I don't want to pay extra with Aer Lingus if there's as good an alternatitive for a lower rate. Any first hand recommendations greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Do this trip a few times a year and have experience with various airlines eg American Airlines, Continental, Aer Lingus. AL used to fly direct to Orlando a few years ago, so we had to use different airlines up to this year. To me the big advantage of AL is the direct flight, particularly in the winter where there can be delays at Chicago, Newark etc, due to weather conditions.

As you intend travelling in the summer, and if you don't mind taking 2 flights instead of one, I would recommend checking fares at www.kayak.com to see what the best deal is for your party. The system will check all the available flights on your specified dates. However, with 2 children you will probably spend money on food and general shopping while waiting for connection flights. You can also get direct flights to the other Orlando airport, Sanford (about 50 mins from Orlando) if you travel with American Holidays (office in Duke Street) on a package. They don't do flight only deals - www.americanholidays.com

To finalise, my recommendations are 1) Aer Lingus, 2) Continental or American Holidays charter, 3) American Airlines.

Direct Holidays - www.directholidays.ie do flight only packages & they fly directly to and from Sanford - actually the same flight as American Holidays as it is a Charter Plane.

Having flown with Aer Lingus directly to Orlando International, and charter to Orlando Sanford, I wholeheartedly recommend paying the €100 difference to fly to Orlando International if you are going to I-Drive or Disney. Sanford is a regional airport, so you have further to travel to get to your destination. The airport itself is basic, so if your flight is delayed then you don't have very much to occupy you.

Can I suggest that you also try Aer Lingus on one way flights, i.e book the return leg seperately you will save money this way.

- thanks so much for that information. Actually Sanford suits me a lot better than MCO location-wise so I will look into that one next time DV. Were there any other disadvantages flying charter other than location?

- never knew that either, thank you.

Not much consolation to you I know but two months ago I booked return flights to Orlando with Aer Lingus for the first teo week of June 2006 at a cost of €484.00 per adult.

Today the same flight is €866.00 per adult

biggest problem with aer lingus is the flight back as you must leave on a Saturday. I just booked out with aer lingus back with continental via newark and it worked out at just over 500 pp but i extended my stay by two days.

Back