Flight from Heathrow to San Francisco

joer

Hi there.
Myself and my son are flying from Heathrow to San Francisco shortly. He would like a window seat and wants us to sit together. I am wondering if it is necessary to book these seats or is it likely that we will get them on check-in. To book them now seems quite expensive at 42 Euro each.
I would like some feed back from someone who has done this please.
Thank you.

Personally, if you really want them I wouldn't rely on getting them on check-in. If you want to gamble, check in as early as possible... If he is young and you are at the desk an airline will usually try to accommodate you to sit together but they are not necessarily going to give you window seats or have window seats to assign you. What sort of plane is it and who is flying it? Chances are load factors are around the 80% mark. It is probably either configured in a 2-4-2 or a 3-3-3 configuration. Looking at the load factor and the configuration and work out the chance of two seats free. pairs of seats fill up faster and people prefer either aisle or window so you have to decide if the load factor is low enough to risk it.

Thanks so-crates
We are flying with BA. The seat formation is 3-4-3 and at the moment there are only a couple of seats booked.
Our flight is at end of May perhaps that is why.
I might wait another week or so and make a decision then.
Thanks again.

Back