Flat Screen Goes Blank

DGOBS

Hi guys,

I have a philips lcd (about 5 years old) 17inch wide screen
It works sometimes, but more often than not, when I switch it on, picture and sound come on, and within 20 seconds the picture dissappears but still have sound?

All incomming signals are fine, is it something like dry solder joints in the tv or something?

I also have very same problem with similar tv, only two years old, 32 inch. Any help would be appreciated.

These tend to run fairly warm have a look at the back and make sure the air gaps are not blocked up with dust.

Air gap is fine, mounted in moddle of a kitchen wall (not near any steam either) and about 3 inches off wall on a tiltable bracket, clean and noot dusty or full of lint, transformer is outside the tv on this particular unit, so didn't think heat would be an issue.

Mine is ok once started, but in morning can take up to 10 starts (on/off) to get it going.

I have the same problem with a Sharp 32". It did this a few months ago then started working fine again but about 2 weeks ago went back to the old trick of turning on but then the picture disappearing. Yesterday it took about 50 goes of turning it on and off to get it to stay on. Only took 9 today. But it's very frustrating. I can't see what's causing the problem.

Back