Flat rate expenses

madge1983

Hi all,

Does anyone know why my flat rate expenses have fallen from 85 in 2007 & 2008 to 17 this year. Have always worked in an office so havent really changed industry.

Have also noticed that my other halfs have dropped quite alot as well & he has the same job for the past 4 years?

Any advice appreciated!

I dont think it has fallen you may be looking at the 85 expense which is worth 85 x 20% or 17 as a tax credit. So 85 expenses = 17 in tax value

Thanks for replyin Graham07....i see what your saying in relation to it & the calculations are perfect but im looking at it on my PAYE anytime & they definately have it in as 17 vs 85 in credits, not in monetary value if you know what i mean?

I get what ou mean but 85 would be a fairly common flat rate exp and that gives 17 tax value. they will increase your SRCOP by 85 to allow 85 more earned at 20% then give 17 tax credit. If in doubt give the LoCall helpline a ring.

Am not aware of any changes, looks like someone forgot to carry across other headings or what they are saying is that 2009 = 2008 in all cases except pharmacists where there is a change.

Back