Fixing Carina headlights

zag

One of these days I will learn my lesson . . .

I replaced a bulb in the driver-side headlight of my Carina and feeling the flush of success decided I would also replace the passanger side one just so that both bulbs would be new and I wouldn't have to worry about the other one going after a few months and me taking a while to realise it was gone. It seemed a good idea at the time.

Anyway, it seems that the reflector within the headlight fitting has come loose I am trying to work out whether I can open the headlight or whether it needs a whole new light.

Because the reflector is loose and because the bulb is mounted in the reflector I can't actually push the power into the back of the bulb therefore I have no passanger side headlight. This is bad.

There are a few likely looking screws which indicate I can take the headlight out, but given my history with DIY on this car so far I feel that I will only cause myself more trouble if I go this route. I checked the manual and the web, but I can't find any indications for how to replace the headlight as distinct from the bulb within the headlight.

So, questions - is it possible/easy to remove the headlight, open it, and reseat the reflector ?

Any help appreciated.

z

I feel your pain Zag, however I can offer no advice as I am not familiar with the Carina except to say that if in any doubt leave it out- that is to see if you don't feel confident about experimenting with removing those screws it's probably best to leave the job to a garage- chances are the lights will need to have their beams adjusted any, given that the reflector is loose.

Back