Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer - Good or Bad?

Maribor

I am thinking of buying the Fisher & Paykel dishdrawer. Reading some negative reviews on the web, mostly from the States. Would like to hear comments from people who actually own one.

HI there Maribor, we have one for over a year now and are happy with it and have had no problems. They do recommend you only use dishwasher powder (tabs may be allowed but liquid isn't), some smaller shops only seem to sell the tablets.

They're a bit trickier to install too (for me anyway). If you're getting it for an integrated kitchen let the kitchen people know.

Having the two separate drawers is quite handy and neater than the usual dishwasher. I've also seen one in a house where it was installed about 3 feet above the ground - saves alot of bending when loading/unloading.

Hope you find this useful.

Bad, very bad imo. There was a previous post on these. Also do a google search for reviews on it , not very happy reading , even the people who wrote good reviews wrote bad ones afterwards.

The Better Half had her heart set on FP dishdrawer and appliances until she read this. Has anybody got any more recent experiences with their stuff - good or bad. I know sometimes new designs/appliance have teething problems that are ironed out over time - but there's enough bad news here to make us think twice
Thanks

My inlaws have one for a year now, and are very happy with it afaik. I'll ask them and get back to you. I think it's a little loud when running.

Hi,We have the F&P drawer disher washer installed about a year now so have a bit of experience with it. To be honest I would not recommend it and if I was back again would not put it in. Have a number of issues with it. If you put a half decent saucepan in a drawer its practically full and they are hard to load in general. The bottom drawer is designed very poorly as there is a sort of flap that comes out when the drawer is open and the amount of times I have caught this with my foot - only a matter of time before it breaks. It will not take big plates and is not silent. If I was back again would go with a siemens or miele. The Fisher and Paykel dishwasher is way overprice in my opinion.

Hi
I have one for 18 months - it is great! so easy to put on a small wash and keep the kitchen tidy.

I got a F&P dishwasher (not drawer) and reverted to my 10 year old bosch because F & P didn't clean the dishes properly. In New Zealand, I have heard them referred to as Fayker & Pickle with the first word pronounced slightly differently!

Hi I'm from Western Australia I have hade a F&P intergrated single dish draw for going on 7 years.
@ 9mths had outer shell replaced due to water leaks
@ 18mths Had a fault code that ment I had to take it into F&P in Perth my cost
@ same time fault required computer to be replaced. $280.00 i think.
@ 4 years approx fault again this time water wasn't getting hot again into service centre new computer $280.00 my cost also I don't think I got mine back never washed as good as before.
now has another code coming up and is out of action again!
Service technician said warrenty will be void if cockroch activity is found in machine, well at 9mths they had been in machine! how can you keep them out they are in ever kitchen on the planet!!! why don't F&P design them to withstand insects?!

we have 2 dishdrawers for 4 + years with no trouble. We got s single drawers not the combined as the bottom drawer is too small and too low.
you need to be a little carefull loading as something too high will stop the top of the drawer from sealing. We are more than happy to date.

Back