First world problem - restaurant recommendation in Rebeland

D

Dan Murray

Heading to Cork for a few days - will be based in Kinsale. I haven't been there for a good few years and so would appreciate any guidance in relation to good places to eat. Thanks!

HI Dan, Kinsale is overloaded with good places to eat. Even some of the take-aways there are for fine eaters. You'll have no problem finding a good eatery.

If you venture into Cork City then try Blackrock Castle (buckets of free parking) and you can even enjoy the nearby walk in the estuary of the River Lee too.

Are those horrible multi-coloured holiday homes still there?

I think I know the ones you mean - but surely, you are not suggesting some deficit or God forbid, impropriety within the planning process of these subtle and sympathetically designed abodes?

Any actual restaurant names in Kinsale lads and lassies? [I'm entertaining some real hard core foodies - hence the reason for picking gourmet capital - just trying to get a sense of where's hot these days. My point being that standards can fluctuate over time. For example, fadó, fadó, Man Friday was the man - then it dipped - then it improved again. So, I guess I'm looking for up to date votes of confidence!!]

If you don't get any recommendations I find Trip Adviser is generally on the money.

And no, the people of Cork would never engage in planning abuse. They are above that sort of thing in the People's Republic.

If you don't get any recommendations I find Trip Adviser is generally on the money.

And no, the people of Cork would never engage in planning abuse. They are above that sort of thing in the People's Republic.

Absolutely spot on. God's country down here doncha know boy!

Haven't been to Kinsale in a bit but The Bullman was always where we used to go. It's a pub with very good grub.

Fishy Fishy is also a very popular spot. Been there a few times but I just don't get it to be honest, especially for the prices they charge.

'Rebeland'? Sorry, I'm lost on this. What are 'Rebes'? Is it a term of abuse for Cork people?

Back