First Time buyers grant

M

manta400

Hi,

I'm in the middle of buying an apartment in Dublin but due to a change in job location I need to sell it and buy else where. What is the story with the first time buyers grant in this instance as I haven't applied for it. Can I get it on my next property or where can I find out information on this.

Hi,

I'm in the middle of buying an apartment in Dublin but due to a change in job location I need to sell it and buy else where. What is the story with the first time buyers grant in this instance as I haven't applied for it. Can I get it on my next property or where can I find out information on this.

What do you mean first time buyers grant?? Thought it didn't exist anymore.

Have you signed contracts yet? If so and you proceed to purchase, then sell and purchase again, you'll be a second time buyer and will lose your FTB privileges on the second property, the most significant of which is lower stamp duty. However, you will continue to be able to avail of preferential mortgage interest relief.

If you haven't signed contracts and only paid a booking deposit, then you'll be able to get this refunded and you'll hold on to your FTB privileges.

No I have signed the contracts, so I am going to suffer.

Back