First the wheels come off the wagon & now....

there should be a levy on helicopter doors, seems they can be used without them so they are a luxury that should be taxed

Given that he squandered €50m on e-voting I'm sure he'll be able to find another 50m somewhere to fix the door.

It's not the fact that he took a helicopter to get there, it's the fact that he took an Air Force one and then they had to reroute a 2nd one from a training exercise to pick him up

Are the irish air force now no more then a glorified taxi service for the government?

there should be a levy on helicopter doors, seems they can be used without them so they are a luxury that should be taxed

Maybe they should remove the seat belts while they are at it

Are the irish air force now no more then a glorified taxi service for the government?

Yes, but weren't they always?

It's amazing how out of touch these guys are. It probably doesn't occur to Cullen how much we feel our noses being rubbed in it by this kind of excess. There is always the train, its how the taxpayers get around. Get real, minister!

Maybe they should remove the seat belts while they are at it

good idea, and sure take his car and driver away seeing as how he doesn't use it.

How about instead of having cars and drivers TDs get a free travel pass like pensioners and if the train or bus doesn't get them to work they can drive or cycle like everyone else

cost of the flight (exculding repairs) was just over 8k,

Cullen was saying he needed to be back in DUblin to meet Minister for Finance so as he left at 2.30 helicoptor was necessary....

3.30 ryanair flight from Kerry Airport to Dublin obviously was out of the question....

does the minister for finance not have a telephone? maybe he shouldnt have made the appointment if he was due back in dublin ?

cost of the flight (exculding repairs) was just over 8k,

Cullen was saying he needed to be back in DUblin to meet Minister for Finance so as he left at 2.30 helicoptor was necessary....

did he ever hear of technology.......
- conference calls
- video conferencing
- if it was that bloody important then why did he go the the IHF mtg.... that certainly takes a back seat!

Did he evr ask the question "Do I need to go the the IHF mtg? Do I need to spend €8k tax payer money to go to this given the current problems?" Answer: No
Most likely said 'lets take da auld chopper down...and lets take the scenic route as well!"

How about instead of having cars and drivers TDs get a free travel pass like pensioners and if the train or bus doesn't get them to work they can drive or cycle like everyone else

I agree - public transport would get sorted pretty quick me thinks. Same kind of idea with health - ban private health insurance and special privileges for all ministers and TDs...pretty sure the health system would get sorted then!

Maybe the Air Corps heard that he was going to be the next Minister for Defence and decided to do a pre-emptive strike!!

Back