First Active Fixed Term Lump Sum

raven

Hi,

Anyone know what rate First Active currently offer fixed for 12 months?
I can't seem to find any rates on their website.

Cheers.

They have withdrawn all their fixed term rates form their website not just the 12 month one. It's probably a consequence of them announcing the closing down of the FA brand.

I started one of there regular saver accounts about 6 months ago, saving the maximum. I dont want to stay with First Active when they amalagamate with Ulster Bank as I do not like the service provided by Ulster Bank. I am searching over the last day forva suitable alternative offering a decent interest rate. I know Anglo is offering 7.3% but do not want to invest there given what has happened. Any suggestions or should I just put it in the Post Offce ?

the service provided to ub and fa is the same, both for mortgages and for savings and investments, you talk to the exact same people over the phone, who have the exact same systems, so what is the difference

There is a huge difference between First Active branch customer service and Ulster Bank branch customer service. I find the First Active service really poor compared to the Ulster Bank service.

I dont want to move to Ulster Bank. I have dealings with them in the past both personally and professionally and have found their service to be extremely poor. Call it a point of principle but I now want to move away from FA as it will no longer exist as a seperate entitly. What I am looking for is hassle free saving with as good a rate as I can get (considering the current circumstances). Can anyone suggest anything ?

Seconded on Ulster Bank customer service - I have had a terrible experience with UB customer service before.

What I am looking for is hassle free saving with as good a rate as I can get (considering the current circumstances). Can anyone suggest anything ?

Do you want to Fix or not ?

The best rates are ...
On Demand - Northern Rock - 5.00%
6 Months Fixed - Investec - 5.58%
12 months Fixed - Anglo Irish - 5.25%

Back