Finishing off a kitchen

OhPinchy

Myself and my mate who has fit some kitchens before fit a small kitchen into my utility room. We will have a full kitchen when the extension is built and appearance in the utility is not paramount but we want to touch up all the raggedy bits anyway.

The doors are Naxos from Panelling Centre (like this http://www.in-house.ie/product_details.asp?pro_id=157&cat=1&subcat=1) and the panels are Roma (cream but not glossy and way cheaper so will do for utility room). My mate had never used the corpel that is used as both cornice and pelmut with their high gloss kitchens, and combined with the fact that my chopsaw blade is not the best, means the corner joints are not perfect (a mm or two gap here and there) – they’re not majorly bad but it would be nice to tidy it up. I’ve tried a bit of painters caulk in one joint but the white on cream does standout – is there any cream painter’s caulk available or a similar filling product? Would the panelling centre have a filler for this particular colour?

I also want to get cream screw caps as they will blend in better than white – any ideas on where to get these?

I cut the black worktop nice and tight but unfortunately a small bit at the corner chipped off – what would be the best black filler for covering this?

We built a housing from the panels for the washer and drying machines and have a shelf at the top for the microwave. As an afterthought I’d like to put a door on this that opens upwards not left or right – are there hinges that allow this?

Go raibh maith agaibh

You could paint the caulk the same colour as the wood using either a standard emusion paing or artists acrylics paints mixed to suit.

Most DIY shops or builders provideres should be able to supply cream screw caps, and also most of these who sell worktops will also have a range of fillers colour matched to the tops for chip filling.

Yes, you can get upward opening hinges for kitchen cabinets. These are generally spring loaded to hold the door open when required. the Panelling Centre or other providers should be able to supply these.
Leo

Back