Fined €160 & €75 costs for no TV licence but never got a summons?

Re: Fined €160 & €75 costs for no TV licence but never got a summons?

When he called to my house- got them to send me a DD mandate and pay it monthly so you hardly notice it - it is around €13 a month

On the traveling to the US front, I'm not totally paralysed but have a serious disability & very impaired mobility. I can go out (hospital twice a month, at least) but it's difficult at the best of times. I'd jump at the chance (pardon the pun ) to go to the US & to be honest, the only way I could go is with the help of friends/relations. If I'm asked, I WILL be a burden which I'm not most happy about.

Well I hope you get your trip and enjoy it, and from all of your details now I can't see how anything is going to come of this other than an apology from the authorities.

So, can anyone shed some light on what was offered as evidence about a summons being delivered etc.?
When an accused fails to appear, the judge checks to see if it has been s

II know I'm going to get a backlash for this, but how would your disability make it difficult to get a licence or go to the courthouse, but allow you to travel to the states. I realise I could be speaking out of turn but I just found that odd.
I thought that statement was bang out of order. How can you compare a person with a disability having to make a trip to court because of someone else's error with going on a trip of a lifetime with family?

Gollum, I hope all works out well for you.

Back