Fiddown, Co. Kilkenny

igora

Hi,

Looking at a new 3 bed semi in Kylemore Walk,Fiddown for investment/rental purposes. Is anyone familiar with this area? Is there rental potential there do you think? The house seems to be on the market at a good price.

All replies appreciated.

Hi there, I have a house in kilkenny,not exactly sure where Fiddown,but generally theres a lot of rental properties on the market,check out the Kilkenny people or the Kilkenny voice newspapers and see for yourself.the rental are usually between 7 and 8 hundred euro.Most people rent in the city,I know of someone who advertised a property to let at 1,400, a mth ,it was a stunning place,however it was on the market for months,they dropped the price to 1.000 a mth.proceed with caution outside the city in my humble opinion.good luck

Hi

I am originally from south kilkenny, fiddown is part of Piltown Parish. Rent yields would not be great in this area. Mainly health board cheques barely if even covering mortgages. Mooncoin village or piltown would be far better investments than fiddown more amenities proper village centres. It is very convenient for carrick clonmel and waterford but not for kilkenny city. There are also a lot of eastern europeans working in the above urban areas who seem to live in mooncoin and piltown i know they are all renting on short or no leases at the moment. House price inflation in this area is one of the lowest on the east coast over the past five years.

Back