Fianna Fáil poster

Purple

The headlines about this poster are all about it being negative campaigning.
It means that I will certainly not be voting FF in the upcoming election, not because it is negative but because it is untrue and utterly populist. We tax high earners more than just about anyone in the developed world and under tax middle and low income earners. This poster shows FF for the populist opportunists they are. I wouldn't trust them to run a cake sale, let alone a country.

It says so much about them that they make Enda Kenny look like a better option. It's hard to believe that anyone could make him look good but they have succeeded.

Terrible poster. It fails at the first hurdle....you have to look really hard to see who it's actually telling you to vote for!

They won't actually use this poster. It is a riposte to the brilliant Labour poster showing Michael and Gerry getting hitched with the looney tunes as ladies and guys in waiting. The media have condemned that poster as a failure but I beg to differ. It got huge publicity and it really got its message across. It will probably not be used in the election itself because of the sanctimonious reaction but it has achieved its purpose. Similarly this FF offering has got quite a bit of publicity and has got its message across - something to do with broken promises on the health service but it would be quite counterproductive in the campaign itself.

Similarly this FF offering has got quite a bit of publicity and has got its message across - something to do with broken promises on the health service but it would be quite counterproductive in the campaign itself.
It's the populist nonsense at the heart of it that I find so depressing. FF have learned nothing.

Back